Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm Coming Out of the Closet!

I finally put a link (a very *small* link) to my blog under my siggy picture on The Nest. I had been debating about it for a while, but I've made some pretty cool friends on that site, and everyone seems nice, so I figured: why not?

I can't decide if I like this template or not. The Fleur-de-Lis has long been one of my favorite symbols... but I think it takes away from the brown, pink and blue color scheme I had going for a while. Oh well, I never keep the same template for long anyway.

So, I was reading an article about Nadya Suleman (the octuplet mom) and it made me so incredibly angry. I am very live-and-let-live, I have absolutely no issue with people having more children than what is considered normal. But this lady has blown the concept of having a child WAY out of proportion. First of all, she's living with her mother, so she can't even afford her own place to live. Second, she already had a whole freaking tribe of kids before the eight that she just gave birth to. Third, she just received (according to the article) $400,000 to $500,000 worth of donations from people who are sympathetic to her. Um, hello?! What the hell is there to be sympathetic about? This lady is freaking insane. I do not want my tax dollars going to her... I'm really feeling like the only reason she had those kids was for publicity and funding. It's disgusting... and knowing how many wonderful women there are out there, who are having issues getting pregnant, who are dealing with infertility and with the difficulties of adoption, it just really makes my stomach turn. And another thing, if she is getting so much money from donations and the government, what the hell is she doing living with her mother and using food stamps? Just another case of a complete moron who'se learned to abuse the system.

Makes me f*cking SICK.

No comments: