It's interesting how there is almost always a balance in life. It's so rarely black or white... it's usually a shade of gray that darkens or lightens as time goes on.
When I started spotting yesterday I immediately called my OB and they set up an appointment for me to come in and get checked out. They did an internal ultrasound, found the heartbeat, checked out everything else (ovaries, positioning, etc.), and it was determined that, for the moment, things were ok.
Goji's heartbeat is at 130, which she said is just fine. She also told me that, for nine weeks, he looks pretty small... so they are going to assume that since I'm sort of hazy on the date of my last period, I'm only 7 weeks along.
I keep telling myself that the good news is more important than the bad news. I even made a list:
1. Goji is ok
2. Heart is beating at a good rate
3. No ectopic pregnancy worry (I'd been having pains in my side)
4. I got an ultrasound picture to hang on my fridge!
5. Even though I'm still spotting, it is still very light and still a light brown color.
1. Still spotting
2. They pushed me back 2 weeks so I'm now 5 weeks away from being out of my first trimester. I'm sure I'll worry throughout the pregnancy (because that is my nature), but I will worry a lot LESS once I'm out of first tri.
I'm grateful that everything is alright for the moment... but I would really like this spotting to go away. I know it can be harmless in some cases, but it scares the absolute shit out of me.