Monday, May 4, 2009

BFN# 4 / And more...

Wow... it has been over a month since I updated my blog, I guess that maybe it's time to post an entry.

It has been a very trying two months... things could obviously be a lot worse, as far as I know we are both healthy and surviving as best we can. About a month ago I received a $500 to $800 a month paycut (my boss cut my commission from the gross sales of the company), so our financial situation has gone from pretty crappy to downright scary.

I went for my pre-conception check up on April 2nd and they tested me for all sorts of things. I found out that I don't have chlamydia or ghonnorea (not surprised there! lol), my pap results came back negative for everything. So I don't have to worry about cervical cancer for another 330-some odd days, thank God. I still have to go back for my blood work and an ultrasound. They want to check my ovaries (obviously) since I seem to not be ovulating. This is the longest time I have ever gone without a period in my life and I'm wondering if it's because I'm *waiting* for it.

I've never had a steady period (save for the 3 years I was on birth control pills), and it is not uncommon for me to go 3 months without my period... but it is May 2nd and the first day of my last period was December 15th... so it has been well over 3 months. I don't have any sort of pain and/or discomfort, so that's a plus. It might be the severe stress that I'm feeling about my work situation... or the fact that I've started working out a lot more. But I've been doing the work-outs for the better part of 3 months now, so my body should be somewhat used to that.

My doctor also told me that I need to chill... *seriously* chill. She says that I'm stressing out way too much about this, and that if I keep stressing, it's just going to make it more difficult for me to get pregnant.

I get what she's trying to say, I really do... but I'm more of the mindset that I'm not going to get pregnant without some form of ovulation (duh) and that the real problem is physiological and not psychological.

No comments: