Friday, June 12, 2009

BFN# 5 and more...

BFN.

I'm getting used to those :::::chuckles:::::

Enough negativity though. I noticed that there's enough negative in this blog to kill a freaking pink unicorn, so I'm going to try and be a little more positive.

I've started a 101 in 1001 list and I'm having a lot of fun putting it together! There are so many things that I'm looking forward to doing. Getting to the beach, saving some money, paying down some credit cards, writing a few chapters in what will hopefully be the best book EVER, the book that makes me millions... you know, so Russell and I can move to a remote island, invite all our family and friends, and pretty much rule in our awesomeness until the day we party too hard and die :P. In all seriousness though, I'd love to write a book. I've started many of them, never finished any of them. Oh well, c'est la vie. I'm pretty amazing and starting things and not going through with them.

In other news, our dogs are being so good! I'm seriously amazed. I bought a book on behavior "therapy" and training specifically designed for chihuahuas and it is working really well. The thing that I love the most is that almost everything they're learning is taught through positive reinforcement, which I feel dogs (no matter what breed) always respond to better than negative reinforcement. It is so cute watching them get excited when they know it's bathroom time and time to go outside. They also LOVE getting treats and positive attention when they sit, come, stay, etc. I'm so glad that they've been having less accidents in the house too. That wasn't really a HUGE issue, but it was an occasional problem that is gradually getting better.

I can't wait until they are able to go to the dog park. We've been slowly socializing them with my mom's Boxer, who is just one of the sweetest dogs in the world. He's HUGE, about 97 pounds, and our dogs are only about 12 pounds put together, but King (my mom's Boxer) is really gentle. He never plays too hard and he just sort of romps around the yard with them. It's adorable! They're starting to understand that they don't own the universe (ok, maybe they own MINE lol) and that's a definite plus. We're going to try taking them to PetSmart to see how they handle being around dogs other than King. I'm actually quite excited about this. I love buying them toys and treats. Seriously, we have a HUGE bin of toys that they barely ever use. Yeah, I'm *that* kind of human.

I'm going to try and take some more pictures to post here. If there's one thing I'm really bad at, it's taking pictures. I have barely any pictures of our animals. I'll have to work on that. Maybe one of the 101 things I'll do is to make a pet photo album hehe :).

No comments: