Monday, January 11, 2010

The Secret to Happiness

My husband and I decided that we'd like to start a positive thinking scrapbook. We've been buying magazines to cut out pictures of things we want and things we'd like to obtain in life: a house in Hawaii or the Florida Keys, lots of money, nice possessions, pictures of the good life, and that sort of thing.

While rummaging through a lot of old pictures and some scrapbook supplies, I found a letter he had written to me about 8 months to a year after we started dating. I was having a rough time and being a typical insecure young lady and he was trying to make me feel better.

This letter is just one of the reasons why I know, without even a shred of doubt in my mind, that I am the happiest and luckiest woman alive today:

"Hello, my love. I was just thinking of you and thought I'd write you a little letter. I just want you to know that I love you and miss you. Also, that you are the most beautiful girl I know and there is nothing that you or anybody else can say or do to make me change my mind about that ever. I can't wait 'til we get married and spend the rest of our lives together. We can make little Amber and Russells and raise them ourselves and have them take care of us when we grow old. I love you so much there aren't even words for it. When I'm not around you, I'm nobody. Without you, my life is incomplete. So after saying that, I will tell you that I will never leave you, not ever. I'm nothing without you. If I didn't have you, I would die."

A certain degree of happiness can be obtained by getting the material things in life that you'd like.

You can have a scrapbook with all of the houses and jewelry in it that you could ever imagine. You can have a cave full of gold and jewels and a genie in a lamp who gives you your every wish.

But I honestly can't remember or can't imagine feeling any happier than I do right now, as I read this letter from my husband and believe that he's telling the truth.

4 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

love the scrapbook idea...and the letter is absolutely adorable...what a sweet guy!

Joanna said...

That's so sweet. I love finding old letters from Andy. It's the best.

Jamee said...

Aw! That is so sweet!

LearnHowToMakeBows said...

What a sweetheart you have! Thanks for sharing your scrapbook idea...that sounds like something my hubby and I would enjoy too! :)

Jenn
http://www.LearnQuilling.com/store