Thursday, January 7, 2010
Two is better than one, HUZZAH!!
That's right, I said "Huzzah."
Perhaps you think that is stupid.
I would strongly suggest not hanging around for a gmail IM or a telephone conversation in my house as "huzzah" is thrown around as much as "dude, awesome, shiz, rad," and the ever popular (and my own personal favorite) "pooface."
I'd like to give a huge, fluffy, *sweet* thank you to my blog-buddy, Miss Dot, over at Saving the World One Cupcake at a Time.
First of all, how the hell does she make cookies and cupcakes all day and stay so damn skinny?
Thanks, Miss Dot, for not only having some of the coolest cupcakes in the world (and a great sense of humor... oh, and for being ridiculously adorable), but also for bestowing upon me the Lemonade Stand AND the Happy 101 Blog Awards!
I'm pretty sure this is common knowledge, but in a lot of instances two is better than one.
Maybe not when you're talking about chins, or elongated nose hairs, or evil cats. But two is definitely better than one when you're talking about most cool things like cupcakes, diamonds, dollars, boobs, eyebrows... and awards, for sure.
For the Happy 101 Blog Award, I am going to list 10 things that make me happy:
1. SEX (and yes, I fully plan on doing this tonight... see rule #2)
2. My husband (and yes, I fully plan on doing him tonight... see rule #2)
3. My best friend and our Skype shenanigans!
4. Cupcakes... especially fluffy ones with pretty frosting. Pink and blue ones. Yum! :)
5. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I like the monies!! Is it bad that money makes me so happy? I doubt it.
6. Learning that my friends are pregnant. You hear that friends?! Have BABIES so I can live vicariously through you!!
7. Starbucks Venti Chai Tea Latte with an extra shot of chai.
8. My family... my brother is getting his ass over here (finally!) in 2 weeks and I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. I'm very lucky to be blessed with what I believe is the most awesome family ever.
9. Everything about the beach. I love the sound of the ocean, the feeling of sand, the smell of the water... even that gross smell when there's a dead fish somewhere around.
10. Pina coladas, cosmopolitans, cupcake martinis, and white Russians :::::hiccup:::::
I'd like to pass these awards on to 10 bloggers who really brighten my day and who I feel have a great attitude:
1) Drea, If Only She'd Shut Up!
2) Jamee, A New Kind of Normal
3) Autism's Bitch
4) Rubber Baby Buckin Bumpers
5) Fat Mom Blog
6) The fact that she can remain nice w/ such awful morning sickness should be a beacon of hope to all :P: Munckie Madness
7) Frugal Poontater
8) JULA!, (that's right, I said it JUST LIKE Adam Sandler :P), She Felt a Drop of Rain
9) Diana(because, let's face it, who DOESN'T love her blog?!), Diana Rambles
10) Let's Have a Cocktail
Happy 101 Award:
1) List 10 things that make me happy (got it!)
2) Try to do at least one of them today (got it!)
3) Tag 10 bloggers that brighten my day (got it!)
4) For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your own "makes you happy" list (if you want, no pressure)
Lemonade Stand Award:
- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post (done!)
- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude (done!)
- Link the nominees within your post (done!)
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog (done!)
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award (done!)